Thursday, February 14, 2008

Around My Hood

Seminole is known the world over for its impeccable culture, especially its cuisine. And the town doesn’t just pride itself on the quality of its restaurants’ fare, no siree. We also relish the whimsy that each restaurateur embraces when selecting the name of his or her particular dining establishment.

Here are two of the town’s newest joints, both of which demonstrate this celebration of nomenclatural creativity.





The latter—I’ve heard through the grapevine—was opened to offset the lack of traditional family values the former serves fresh daily. Locals now have a choice, and they’re no longer forced to sample the soup of the day off the tit of the local whore.

Bon appettit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Benny McBenjamin! I was just tickeled to learn about your new blog about life on the farm. I'm quite impressed by the "whimsy" of the titles of Seminole establishments... they quite rival the ones here in Cambodia: "Okay Guesthouse" and "No Problem Restaurant" are a few of my faves! :) Have fun with the unicorns!! uh... i mean kiddos!

Unknown said...

Restaurant seems to be doing a booming business. I'm sure the menu consists of such exciting fare as "hamburger" and "deluxe hamburger with catsup"... Oh wee West Texas town, how I miss ye. And wee West Texas Mont, I miss ye more. Your sardonic blog makes my hardened heart happy!